Kiwi and Luna, AKA Lolita, cuddling together. She is such a good sister, also cleaning and grooming Kiwi, while he never did!
I'm extremely delighted to report that finally and after 4 years I have internet up and running at home, Hooray! Also, the beautiful rain has finally arrived :) Blogging will be regular and more stories about my adventure in rural Bella Italia in pursuit of Green and Sustainable Living will be shared.
Pumpkin Seeds Muffins made the other day
Canning is in full swing at Cyrene HQ; I have made tomato sauce and set to make more next week; also made the yummiest Madras Pickle Eggplants (if anyone interested I can post the recipe. I got it from a friend long time ago and never tried it till yesterday) And listen to this, I discovered in the nearby fields the biggest fig tree ever. it is a monster and full of mouthwatering figs. So, I'm going to make tons of figs jam (to give them as Christmas gifts along with lavender bags) and I will preserve some in syrup. Yum yum. When I discovered it my mind was spinning with ideas, such as to start a small business from it making jams and preserve and even drying some, hehe. do not worry the tree doesn't belong to anyone, as I asked the nearby farmers. It is free for everyone. The good thing is no one is interested in it, as people here do not like figs, yahooo!
Risotto made with frozen peas I harvested from my garden a while ago
The cats, mine and the other 15 I look after, are all fine and well. I rescued a tiny kitten last week and brought it home. It was abandoned near an old house occupied by two elderly persons. It took me more than a week of bringing food to it and coaxing it until I finally managed to catch him. The poor little soul was sick, with a bad eye and swollen belly but he ate like a little pig. I took him to the vet and he is still there. He is still not well and she suspects that he has a lethal virus :( Let's hope he doesn't because if he does, she will put him to sleep. I called her, the vet, yesterday and she said that she will ask another opinion from another vet, so fingers crossed the little fella will make it through.




No comments:
Post a Comment